Community Spirit and Corporate Citizenship
Give yourself some credit...! When you bank with First National, you help us support community groups and events, a commitment that's grown to over $1 million over the years. For every home, car or business loan along with every checking account, First National customers can take credit for their part in making it happen.
Making wise investments here at home, where they do the most good - that's the power of local banking.
The First National Bank Employee Service Club
The Employee Service Club brings First National staff interested in community service together to make a difference in the community. The service club is an excellent illustration of “The power of local banking” at work. Employee Service Club members participate collectively and individually to further local community service organizations, events and causes by providing human and financial resources as well as awareness.
Here's a summary of First National Bank's corporate citizenship efforts to date in 2013...
- January "Casual Because We Care" effort raises $1,304 for St. Baldrick's Foundation
- Livingston County "Community Connect" sponsor, presented by the United Way of Livingston County
- First National Employee Service Club provides over 40 hours of time to Community Connect
- Fowlerville High School Athletic Facility Sponsor
- "Beluga Ball" sponsor benefitting Charyl Stockwell Academy.
- Howell High School Athletics Business Partner
- Howell Chamber of Commerce - February sponsor.
- OLHSA "Walk for Warmth" event sponsorship helping to heat the homes of those in need
- Penguin Sales at First National ofices raise over $1,600 for OLHSA's Walk for Warmth
- First National Employee Service Club provides 16 hours assisting at Walk for Warmth
- "Building Community Through Civility and Compassion" event sponsor (Feb)
- Howell Chamber of Commerce, Citizen of the Year Dinner Centerpiece Silent Auction sponsor
- "Midnight in the Tropics" event sponsor presented by Livingston Sunrise Rotary, benefitting Connection House and Reaching Higher
- February "Casual Because We Care" proceeds benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Livingston County "Lock Up"
- Livingston County Humane Society "Fur Ball" sponsor (March)
- VINA Dental "Have a Heart - Give a Smile" Auction Sponsor (March)
- Howell High School's "We The People" program sponsor
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters "Bowl for Kids Sake" participant
- First National Employee Service Club spends 8 hours in local elementary classrooms reading to students for March is Reading Month
- Livingston County's Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center (SBTDC) Business Planning Program Sponsor
- Hartland Optimist Club Youth Appreciation
- First National Employee Service Club provides 12 hours assisting at the community sale benefitting the Maison Wilkinson Scholarship
- March "Casual Because We Care" proceeds benefit Stiggy's Dogs
- Hartland High School Drama Club program sponsor
- Faith Medical Clinic donor
- April Casual Because We Care proceeds benefit Hartland Teen Center
- Livingston County Community Alliance "Race Against Drugs" event sponsor (May)
- Salvation Army of Livingston County's Golfing for the Most Good event sponsor
- Pinckney High School Senior All Night Event sponsor
- St Joseph Catholic School golf event sponsor
- Livingston County Veteran's Memorial Beautification Project sponsor
- Brighton High School Senior All Night Event sponsor
- Cleary University Auction sponsor
- Hartland Community Council Memorial Day Parade sponsor
- Howell Nature and Conference Center golf event sponsor
- Howell's Sunday Farmer's Market sponosr
- Brighton Farmer's Market sponsor
- Hartland Farmer's Market sponsor
- Fowlerville Farmer's Market sponsor
- LACASA Golf For Kids event sponsor
- Hamburg Fun Fest sponsor
- LeConcors de Livingston, benefitting Love, Inc. sponsor
- Melon Fest - Howell DDA Merchant Breakfast sponsor
- Melon Fest Inflatables Zone sponsor and Mark Farner Meet-and-Greet host
- Shepherd of the Lakes School Benefit Golf Scramble sponsor
- Fowlerville Family Fair sponsor
- Howell Nature and Conference Center 5k sponsor
- St. Joseph Mercy Livingston - Livingston Ball sponsor
In 2012, First National provided over $75,000 in financial support and the First National Employee Service Club volunteered more than 700 hours to events, causes, civic involvement, service clubs and other non-profits, all of which helped improve the quality of life across Livingston County. Summary of our 2012 efforts.
In 2011, First National provided over $60,000 in financial support and bank staff volunteered over 1,600 hours to events, causes, civic involvement, service clubs, and other non-profits, all of which helps improve the quality of life across Livingston County. Summary of our 2011 efforts.